and special turn downs every night. It also includes a private vehicle and guide for all game viewing activities.
Elephants feature largely on any activity at Chobe Chilwero, as the largest population left in Africa occupies this northern corner between Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The park also features an abundance of sable and roan antelopes. The lush riverfront region is home to giraffe, wild dog, lion, sable and Cape buffalo and is the only place in Botswana where Puku antelope can be spotted. In the savannah, zebra, wildebeest, warthog, impala and kudu are plentiful. Key wildlife besides elephant include buffalo, lion, leopard, giraffe, impala, waterbuck, zebra, and hyena. Game drives in open-sided 4 x 4 vehicles bring these grey giants into easy reach as they drink and frolic at the water's edge in their boisterous herds.
The best way to end a day of safari is sipping on a cocktail while watching an African sunset over the still waters of the Chobe River from the comfort of a specially designed riverboat. Sundowner cruises are also a great way of seeing buffalo up close as they come out of the shade to graze in the cooler evenings and elephants as they wade in the river.
A hearty full English and continental breakfast is prepared by Chef Phinias and served before departing for your morning game viewing activity. After experiencing the magnificent Chobe National Park you will be taken back to the lodge for lunch where you could make your own pizza or enjoy a delicious three course plated meal. Later in the afternoon the friendly staff serve afternoon tea with the Chobe River as a back drop before departing again for your afternoon game viewing activity. During your afternoon game drive or sundowner cruises you might stop for classic sundowner drinks and canapés - the only way to celebrate yet another beautiful African sunset! Enjoy pre-dinner drinks on the terrace of the lodge before sitting down for a three course dinner.
Botswana is well known for its mouth-watering beef so it is no surprise that Chef Phinias' signature dish would be a Botswana beef fillet served with seasonal vegetables. Other dishes that have proved to be favorites is grilled impala with port wine and chocolate sauce on roast sweet potatoes. Follow your meal with wine from the small air-conditioned wine cellar which houses a variety of South African wines - the perfect complement to a delicious meal.
AT A GLANCE
- 14 thatched luxury cottages with air-conditioning, ceiling fans, mosquito netting, mini-bar and private garden
- 1 Honeymoon suite features a private pool and deck, as well as a private vehicle with guide for all game viewing activities
- En-suite bathroom feature indoor and outdoor showers, and a free standing bath
- Swimming pool
- Highest concentration of elephants in Africa right on your doorstep
- Wildlife includes elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, giraffe, impala, kudu, waterbuck, sable and roan antelope, zebra, hyena and more
- Early morning and late afternoon into evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Motorized boat safaris and sundowner cruises
- Full service spa including a treetop treatment room
- Curio shop
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi in all rooms
- Electricity supplied by silent packed generator and battery system