friendly air-conditioning system over the bed, and careful tent design maintain a comfortable climate for rest and relaxation. Enjoy your own private plunge pool and outdoor under cover sala/day rest area. The main area consists of a large raised dining room, and comfortable lounge with private dining areas, wine cellar and library, with ample space for you to either get away and be private or be all together if you want to. The media room is used for photographic work. If you decide on staying at the Duba Plains Suite you automatically enjoy the services of a private game drive vehicle with your own guide as well as a private butler and chef. The camp’s center-point is the gathering place of all bush experiences - an extended deck into the swamp under giant ebony trees.
Duba Plains prides itself on its extraordinary wildlife experiences and intimate up close exposure to the best of the best wildlife, from lions and leopards to elephants and buffalo and everything in between. Duba Plains is also known for interesting Kalahari species like Aardwolf and Pangolins. Game drives (day and night) take place in some of Botswana’s best adapted vehicles. Duba Plain’s Toyota Land Cruisers are aptly named ‘Swamp Vehicles’ due to their extra-high suspension and absolutely huge tires uniquely designed to traverse the floodplains. These are, of course, open-sided, canopied and customized for photographers (fold-down screens, raised roofs, photographic bars, multi-plug inverters). Seating only four to six guests on each vehicle, the Cruisers are also fully stocked with drinks and snacks.
Because the camp focuses on photographic safaris, each tent has the latest Canon camera and lenses as a package for you to use or try out. Images are downloaded and presented for you to take away at no additional charge.
While the focus remains on the most comfortable times of day (early to mid-morning and late afternoon to evening) for drives, it is very common at Duba Plains to spend full days out in the bush, having brunch delivered to the vehicles because the wildlife is so good and the focus is on finding and spending time with these extraordinary experiences. Schedules are flexible and you are encouraged to create your own itinerary according to your interests. Very often, your safaris will continue into the night in search of nocturnal species. Another huge benefit of staying within the conservancies is the ability to appreciate the stunning landscape on foot, peacefully, without the noise of engines. Usually, early morning or evening is the best time, as the middle of the day is too hot to venture out of the shade. Your guide will have water for you. Walks are led by armed and licensed guides.
AT A GLANCE
- 5 luxurious tents each on raised, wrap around railway sleeper private decks and under light colored canvas
- 2 bedroom Duba Plains Suite with two private pools, private butler, chef, game drive vehicle and guide
- En-suite bathroom with flush toilet, double basin, luxury bath, and both an indoor and outdoor shower
- Hot and cold running water
- Oversized double beds with mosquito nets and air-conditioning over the bed area
- Private outdoor plunge pool and spinning bicycle
- Main guest area includes a media center, wine cellar, inter-active kitchen, dining area, lounge and library
- Large deck leading to a raised deck with additional outdoor dining area and fire pit with seating
- Situated on 77,000 acre private reserve at the base of the Okavango Delta’s Panhandle
- Twice daily game drives
- Motorized boat safaris
- Guided bush walks
- Safari shop
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi access in guest rooms
- Solar power and generator produces 24-hour 220v electricity