nature after sunset with a night drive. This activity, along with the guided walking safaris, is not usually permitted in the National Parks or Game Reserves and allows you to get an up-close and personal experience with some of Africa’s nocturnal and/or more elusive animals. The camp also provides the opportunity to explore the great stands of leadwood and mopane woodlands as well as open grasslands and banks of the Khwai River on foot.
Days begin with an early morning buffet breakfast before a morning game drive, which is followed by brunch. Explore the lagoon and river by mokoro (canoe) direct from the camp or discover the area on foot with professional guides. Guided walks normally depart from the camp after breakfast, the duration of the walk will depend solely on the group walking. Snacks and cakes are available throughout the day. On the afternoon game drive just before sunset you will stop at a secluded spot for sundowner drinks and snacks before departing on a night game drive. Returning to camp, enjoy cocktails around the campfire before feasting on a lavish dinner. A wide selection of drinks are available at the bar.
Preserving the romance of yester-year, a simpler life in harmony with nature, Khwai Tented Camp will leave you longing to return to Africa. There are no permanent structures; everything can be removed to leave the wilderness exactly as it was found, minimizing the impact on the environment. With its captivating sights, sounds and smells, Khwai Tented Camp will capture your heart and make you feel like you are a part of the African wilderness. Fall asleep to the chorus of an African lullaby – hundreds of croaking frogs, the splashing of hippos at a midnight buffet, and the urgent call of the lions in that quiet moment just before dawn.
AT A GLANCE
- 6 luxury and spacious Serengeti style tents
- En-suite bathroom with running water, flush toilets and showers
- Swimming pool
- Exclusive location on the banks of a lagoon flowing into the Khwai River
- The magnificent Khwai River is the hub for some of the most outstanding wildlife viewing both on the Moremi and in the Khwai area. Species to be viewed include elephant, buffalo, zebra, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog, giraffe, eland, sable, hippo, hyena and various other nocturnal species.
- Early morning and late afternoon into evening game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Boating, fishing, and mokoro (canoe) excursions
- Interpretive bush walks
- Cultural tours of local villages
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Solar power, back-up generator power - battery charging facilities in main area