the time away between game drives. Welcoming camp staff serve delicious meals cooked over the glowing coals.
Sizable numbers of elephant bulls are invariably present. During the dry years, when prey was hard to find, many of Savute’s lions became notorious for hunting elephant. With the recent transformation of the region, prey has become more abundant and the large lion prides have split up into smaller family groups, allowing a greater variety of predators to flourish in the area. Savute is also a famous battleground for lion and spotted hyena. With grazing now plentiful, the area is also popular with zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, giraffe, tsessebe and kudu.
Spend nights under canvas close to nature in the landscape of the African night. Secluded campsites in the wildlife haven of Savute provide a base for up close and personal adventure and discovery. Carefully positioned as close as possible to the resident game, enjoy the simplicity of camping in one of the top wildlife areas in the world. Camps move to a different site every five or six days. This is a true African experience, with campsites in remote areas where guests can expect to see few other people or vehicles.
AT A GLANCE
- 5 en-suite safari tents with flush toilet and steaming hot bucket shower
- The rustic charm of camping combined with the comfort of full service, a flush toilet and steaming hot bucket shower
- Dining beneath open skies
- Region of the Chobe National Park
- The rustic charm of camping combined with the comfort of full service, a flush toilet and a steaming hot bucket shower
- Massive baobabs that loom majestically over the reserve
- Leopard sightings, as well as rare and fascinating wild dogs
- Known for the enigmatic Savute Channel, which flows and dries up intermittently, independently of rainfall, vastly changing the nature of the region; the Savute Channel is currently flowing for the first time in almost thirty years
- Healthy population of lion, which have become known for hunting elephant
- Open plains with vast herds of plains game
- Lion, zebra and wildebeest
- Game drives
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Power - 12v in vehicles; battery-powered lamps in tents
- Semi-open 4x4 safari vehicles with fridge
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2012 - RESORTS MAGAZINE’S TOP 100 PLACES TO STAY