wood. In addition to the three main tents, there is also the exclusive two-bedroom Selinda Suite.
The safari drives, walks, boating, tracking, birding and other bespoke viewing activities are designed to place you in front of the best wildlife the area has to offer for a unique one on one life changing experience, from leopards to elephants and hippos and aim to tick off as many as the 200 or more bird species in the area.
While at Selinda Camp there is no set routine, the wildlife knows the most forgiving times of day, and we take its lead. Early morning, late afternoon and evenings are the prime game viewing times - it's when the colors are vibrant, the sun is low and spirits are up. Setting out at dawn, when predators are active, your guides are as keen you to discover the riches of each day in Selinda Reserve. Usually, once the sun is high and strong, you retreat with the herds to your midday resting post, Selinda Camp. Then, as the sun begins to wane again, you head out for the late afternoon to evening game drive, searching for nocturnal wildlife and the action that comes with sunset. But nothing is regimented – if you prefer you can partake on a full day game drive.
Selinda is primarily a land-based camp; however, boating is possible on the Spillway in one of the camp’s powerboats, water level dependent; and you can toss the bait with some rod/reel fishing from March to December each year. If stretching one’s legs and getting a feel for Africa by foot is the guest’s preference, then it’s possible to arrange morning walks. In the mid-day, during siesta, you can take refuge in the hide overlooking the Spillway and do some birding.
Additional experiences are available and include: In-room massages and wellness treatments, scenic helicopter flights across the Selinda Reserve as well as cultural, community village visits.
AT A GLANCE
- 3 large tents & 1 two-bedroomed suite under thatch on raised, wooden decking with private verandah
- Overhead ceiling fans with solar powered air-conditioning system over beds
- Outdoor seating area and private pool
- Netted windows, overhead fans and wood-framed doors
- En-suite bathroom with deep stone tub, indoor shower, flush loo, dressing area and double basins
- Outdoor shower
- Hot and cold running water
- Private, decked, open-air en-suite ‘bustani’ bathrooms that include flush toilet, double basins and hot and cold showers
- Main thatched guest area includes two lounge and large dining area
- Climate controlled walk-in wine cellar
- Outdoor fire pit
- Art gallery and safari shop
- Situated on 320,000 acre Selinda Reserve
- Twice daily game drives
- Seasonal boating
- Guided bush walks
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi in guest tents
- Solar panels and generator provide 24-hour 220v electricity