the bed. The window spaces are fitted with traditional wooden shutters that allow the sea breeze to permeate throughout the room. Each villa has a vantage point over the breath-taking views of the kaleidoscopic Indian Ocean and bay traversed by traditional dhows.
The main building has wide archways designed to capture the sea breezes that lead through to a terrace overlooking the beach. There is a spacious bar with a waterfall feature and an indoor/outdoor dining area. Dining options include romantic dinners on the beach, by the pool, among the gardens and room service. Kilindi’s delectable cuisine uses the freshest seafood caught that day, and an organic garden provides fresh crisp ingredients. Historically the epicenter of the spice trade, Zanzibar is renowned as the Spice Island. This history permeates the Kilindi’s menu, with fresh seafood dishes and internationally inspired cuisine infused with local spices and flavors.
The allure of Zanzibar is legendary. Historically one of East Africa’s great trading centers, the archipelago has for centuries been a crossroads of culture and a melting pot of exotic influences; where Africa, India and Arabia meet. The Zanzibar archipelago is made up of numerous islands and islets. Each of the two main islands, Unguja (informally Zanzibar) and Pemba, has its own distinct character. The name Zanzibar is synonymous with images of pristine white sandy beaches, and alluring azure waters. The coastline is laced with winding creeks and mangroves, interspersed by these heavenly beaches. The sea is awash with magnificent creatures and dazzling colors, discoverable by snorkeling, scuba or scenic boat trips. Dolphins, whales, sea turtles and vibrant fish are some of the amazing creatures found in the Zanzibar waters.
Other than its renowned beaches and ocean, Zanzibar’s major attraction is Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Time has stood still here, as the white-washed stone buildings, winding alleys and local people exist as they have done for centuries. It is known for its cultural heritage, a still-living and breathing testament to the historical era of the spice and Arabic slave trade.
The ultimate romantic destination, Kilindi is the perfect setting for a special occasion. With a picturesque tropical backdrop and the personal touches of warm African hospitality, you can relax and enjoy the atmosphere of romance.
AT A GLANCE
- 13 arched one bedroomed pavilion-style villas. All villas are doubles with domed main rooms, bathrooms with rainfall showers adjoined by a walkway, and private plunge pools
- 2 arched two bedroomed pavilion-style villas. All villas are doubles with domed main rooms, bathrooms with rainfall showers adjoined by a walkway, and private plunge pools
- Air-conditioned “cool air” beds
- No children under 16 years
- Paddle boards and kayaks
- Spa with full treatment menu and Turkish Bath
- Scuba diving and snorkeling
- Jet skiing and water skiing
- Deep-sea fishing
- Spice farm tour
- Stone Town walking tour
- Catamaran and exotic sunset dhow cruises
- Day trips to Jozani Forest
- Infinity swimming pool
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, non-premium drinks, snorkeling and kayaking, laundry
- Wi-Fi internet access
- Mains power with back-up generator
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2017 – RUNNER UP SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST MARINE SAFARI EXPERIENCE'
- 2016 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST DESIGN'
- 2016 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST SAFARI SPA/RETREAT'
- 2016 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SAFARI AWARDS ‘MOST ROMANTIC PROPERTY'
- 2016 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST SAFARI CUISINE'
- 2015 – WINNER SAFARI AWARDS ‘MOST ROMANTIC SAFARI PROPERTY IN TANZANIA'