year-round. The tented rooms feature mosquito netting and include your own personal tent attendant to look after your every need. The dining area, lounge and library are housed in the main area, which affords spectacular views from its wooden deck and the adjacent kopje. From bush breakfasts, private picnics, sundowners on a kopje and three course dinners - Kusini offers an experience in seclusion.
Highly experienced guides that know every inch of the territory around the camp and this remote corner of the vast eco-system will astound you during game drives - buffalo, elephant, the rare wild dog, hyena and giraffe, all can be seen close to the camp. There are no other camps round here so can be sure of unobstructed viewing from customized safari vehicles. Bird life is particularly good on the forest edge where woodpeckers and brightly colored kingfishers can often be seen.
Most visitors come to Africa looking for the wildlife and the beauty, yet one of the most spectacular sights of all is hardly ever mentioned - the African night sky. Some of the best star gazing in the world can be experience at Kusini. In the evening before dinner, sit around the campfire and allow the camp manager to uncover the universe. With a green laser pointer to show you the way, embark on a walk through the stars where you can look back millions of years in time and get lost in the beauty of the night sky.
Each day your personal tent attendant will wake you with a fresh cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate - just the way you like it! A full English and continental breakfast is served in the main area before departing for your morning game viewing activity. A fresh plated three course lunch can be served back in camp or alternatively if you prefer to spend more time in the bus a special bush picnic basket packed with a choice of delicious cold meals can be prepared. Your guide will be able to find the best possible shady spot where you will be enjoy a private lunch in the middle of the bush. Once back at the camp you are encouraged to climb to the top of the main kopje just behind the main area to view the breathtaking scenery. The views from the kopje are simply sensational - the perfect spot for cocktails and snacks. This is definitely one of the camp's more special moments as you take a moment to enjoy and appreciate an African sunset.
AT A GLANCE
- 12 double tents with large private decks
- En-suite bathrooms with indoor shower
- Fantastic game viewing year round
- The only permanent camp located in the quiet southern region of the Serengeti
- In the path of the wildebeest migration
- Wildlife includes lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, striped and spotted hyena, wildebeest, impala, serval, bat eared fox, Grant's and Thomson's gazelle and eland and more
- Early morning and afternoon game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles (alternatively full day game drives with picnic lunch)
- Bush boutique
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi in main areas
- Electricity supplied by silent packed generator and battery system