expansive living area incorporates a lounge area, TV room and dining room. You can dine privately in the accommodation, and be thoroughly immersed in the enjoyment of those all too rare family holidays.
Situated on one of the oldest coffee plantations in East Africa, and an area of Dutch settlement, the classical Cape-Dutch architecture of The Manor is a fitting tribute to the rich history of the area. The Manor has easy access to both the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National Park, famed for its flamingos. A luxurious safari base, with a spa, swimming pool and stable of horses to explore the surrounding coffee plantations and countryside. The Manor also arranges special picnics and sundowners within the estate, and coffee tours for those interested in learning more about Tanzania’s famous coffee trade.
Ngorongoro Crater is unofficially the "Eight Wonder of the World". You will understand instantly when you reach the first viewing point on the lip of the crater and take in the majesty of the ecological wonder. Descending to the floor of the crater, you are treated to a magnificent wildlife spectacle as you traverse a variety of landscapes, from open grasslands dotted with game, soda lakes colored pink with flamingo and dense riverine woodland, with the rising walls of the crater framing every view. The crater floor is a Garden of Eden for wildlife viewing, with one of the highest densities of wildlife in Africa. Lions, elephants, buffalo, impala, cheetah, black rhinos, serval cat, hyena, jackal and zebra to name just a few. The Manor has special permission to host bush lunches in a private campsite area of the Crater, away from the crowds. The Crater lunch is a gourmet hamper affair under a shady awning from the side of the car, with tables and chairs.
Consider a day excursion to Lake Manyara National Park. Known for its astounding variety of landscapes from dense forest, to soda lake wetland, open grasslands and acacia thickets, the variety is superseded only by the variety of wildlife found throughout. In each variety of landscape unique animals are found, from bushbuck and blue monkeys in the forest, antelopes and cheetahs in the grasslands, hippos and flamingos in the wetlands, and tree climbing lions and elephants in the acacia woodlands. Or, perhaps spend a day visiting Olduvai Gorge which is one of the most important paleoanthropological sites in East Africa, and is famed as the place where Louis and Mary Leakey made some of the most important discoveries of early hominids. A still active excavation site, visit the place where some of the earliest hominids lived and breathed.
AT A GLANCE
- 18 individual guest rooms all with open fire places in 9 Manor Cottages
- 1 Stable Cottage for families with 3 guest rooms. Includes 3 bathrooms, a family lounge area, a TV room and private dining
- Swimming pool
- Billiard room and TV room
- Private wine cellar
- Day excursions to Lake Manyara National Park
- Day excursions to Olduvai Gorge
- Mountain bike
- Horse riding in the estate
- Guided coffee tours
- Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino)
- Game drives in Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi internet access in main areas
- Electricity: Runs on solar power and generator
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2017 – RUNNER UP SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST FAMILY SAFARI’
- 2017 – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST SAFARI SPA/RETREAT’
- 2016 – 3rd PLACE FINALIST SAFARI AWARDS ‘BEST SAFARI HOUSE’
- 2016 – TRIPADVISOR ‘CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE’