at Kuyenda Bushcamp. Whether you are looking at a leopard or a termite, with some of the South Luangwa's most diverse and breathtaking landscape situated around Kuyenda, you can guarantee that no two outings will ever be the same. To get even further afield, night game drives are also on offer.
Not until you've followed in the footsteps of the great explorers and experienced the compelling mix of excitement, fear, vulnerability, respect and awe that a walking safari delivers, can you really understand the true nature of the African wilderness. There's nothing quite like the thrill of feeling your heart pound in your chest as you tiptoe your way through the bush, alarm calls from other animals echoing in the air, inching towards a small clearing and peering through the branches where yes, there it is a pride of lions is busy devouring a recent kill.
The final member of your walking safari group is the all-important tea-porter. As well as being another valuable set of eyes and ears, he will carry refreshments for your walk. At a suitably scenic point, his bag will open to produce tea and biscuits in the morning, or cold beers and G&Ts in the evening. Should you need a drink of water at any point during the walk, he's the person to ask. It is a rare privilege to be able to walk in an African national park. With so many different habitats to explore, from open plains to sandy river banks, eerie mopane forests to swampy lagoons, no two outings will ever be the same, but we guarantee that you will remember every one.
AT A GLANCE
- 4 thatch and grass chalets
- Each chalet is en-suite with a shower, twin wash-hand basins and toilet.
- The central dining area, lounge and bar overlook a grassy plain with abundant wildlife
- Situated on the banks of the (dry) Manzi River
- Located in the remote southern part of the South Luangwa National Park
- More than 60 different mammal species
- Superb birdwatching with over 400 species of birds recorded
- Game drives (day and night), birdwatching
- Guided walking safaris
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, bar, game activities and laundry
- Solar power for lighting, battery charging facilities and hot water
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2016 - GOOD SAFARI GUIDE AWARDS ‘BEST WALKING SAFARI IN ZAMBIA’ THIRD PLACE
- 2016 - GOOD SAFARI GUIDE AWARDS ‘BEST SAFARI CUISINE IN ZAMBIA’ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED