room fronts. The en-suite bathrooms are spacious with double sinks and showers from which you can enjoy the enormous African skies. Nkwali offers understated elegance, seclusion and superb service.
Nkwali is dominated by an enormous ebony tree around which the bar is molded. Set back from the river on a lagoon are the dining room and swimming pool from which guests are often treated to elephants and other game coming down to drink during the day. The bar deck is cantilevered over the river and a perfect spot to enjoy a cocktail or two whilst watching the sun set over the Luangwa.
For those seeking to get closer to nature and some adventure, a walking safari is the way to go. With South Luangwa being home to the walking safaris, there is no better place for this experience. In addition to walking with expert guides and armed scouts, daily activities include day and night game drives, seasonal boating as well as village tours.
AT A GLANCE
- 6 chalets, one double, four twins and a honeymoon suite/family suite
- Open en-suite bathrooms with double basins and showers
- Swimming pool
- The Luangwa Valley, which marks the end of the Great Rift Valley, is one of the last unspoiled wilderness areas and possibly the finest wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It covers an area of over 3,475 mi² through which the meandering Luangwa River runs. The ox bow lagoons, woodland and plains of the valley host huge concentrations of game - including elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo - and over 450 species of birds
- Nkwali is located on the banks of the Luangwa on a magnificent meander in the river overlooking the National Park where leopards roam along the bank and can often be spotted from camp
- Walking safaris, game drives (day and night), cultural/village tour, visit to Chipembele, visit local market and Tribal Textiles
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house & imported wines, local & imported brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- 220-240 A.C. and UK style 3 square pin plugs
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2016 - GOOD SAFARI GUIDE AWARDS ‘BEST WALKING SAFARI PROPERTY IN ZAMBIA’ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- 2015 - GOOD SAFARI GUIDE AWARDS ‘BEST WALKING SAFARI PROPERTY IN ZAMBIA’ THIRD PLACE