The Royal Zambezi comprises eight Classic Suites, four Deluxe Suites and three Presidential Suites. The 670 ft² tented classic suites all have shady verandas and en-suite baths with flush toilets and large showers. The larger deluxe suites are the epitome of the luxury safari experience with both an indoor and outdoor bathroom. The enormous veranda and outside living area featuring a free standing copper bath and shower, a private sala as well as a private plunge pool. The 1,700 ft² Presidential Suites push luxury to an even higher level and includes a large lounge area. The veranda and outdoor living area is similar to that of the deluxe suites with the exception of being twice the size. All the accommodations are nestled under mature trees and are all positioned for maximum privacy and the enjoyment of the stunning views overlooking the Zambezi River. The tents all offer extra-length king size beds with pure cotton linen and feather pillows, and are impeccably furnished with a contemporary, understated elegance.
Dining options and the cuisine at Royal Zambezi will astound you. Enjoy a delicious breakfast overlooking the Lower Zambezi River, with the option of continental or a full cooked breakfast to get you ready for the day ahead. A team of expert chefs will prepare dishes to order or simply whizz up a healthy smoothie. Lunch can either be taken under the veranda at the lodge, or can be organized so that it will not interrupt a good day’s fishing or game drive. With the option of a gourmet picnic lunch or a full outdoor buffet in the National Park, complete with white linen tableware, the concept of outdoor dining takes on a new dimension. Tea will be served in the afternoon before you head out for an afternoon activity, and you will be able to relax on the comfy sofas in the lounge with a cup of tea and freshly baked cake or cookies. Dinner is served at private tables under the stars, or by a roaring fire on a cooler night. Alternatively you can relax in your rooms and have dinner brought to you on your private deck. To celebrate special occasions, enjoy drinks by a camp fire and a candlelit dinner on a deserted island on the Zambezi or in the bush.
The activities available to you at The Royal Zambezi are simply superb. On the banks of the Zambezi River surrounded by the game management area, and only five minutes away from the Lower Zambezi National Park, the lodge offers fantastic game viewing that take place both on the water, by boat and canoe, and on land by four-wheel drive game viewing vehicles or on foot (bush walks). The river is an ideal place to view wildlife and birdlife. You can opt for open vehicle drives, night drives, bush walks in the area or boat trips for game-viewing. Enjoy walking safaris, photographic safaris and birding safaris - the riverine ecosystem host spectacular birdlife. There’s also world class fishing, sunset river cruises or relaxing in the award winning Royal Bush Spa.
Canoeing trips are one of our best ways to experience the true beauty of the river and get up close to animals on the river banks. There are few things more relaxing than drifting gently down the river in a canoe. Whether you are exploring the water-hyacinth studded channels, getting up close to elephant, buffalo and hippo, or bird watching, this is the best way to experience the Zambezi. Guides will take you out in morning, evening or full day excursions. Or perhaps a river cruise in an outboard boat whether early in the morning, later in the morning or afternoon going into evening. The choice is yours. Cruises are always stocked with refreshments of your choice and it’s nice to enjoy a sundowner on a sandy island.
AT A GLANCE
- 8 Classic Suites with verandas
- 4 Deluxe Suites with verandas and an outdoor living area that includes outdoor copper bath and shower, private sala and private plunge pool
- 3 Presidential Suites with lounge areas and veranda and an outdoor living area that includes outdoor copper bath and shower, private sala and private plunge pool
- Classic Suites en-suite bathroom offers shower and flush toilet
- Deluxe & Presidential Suites en-suite bathroom offer both indoor and outdoor bath and shower
- All suites include room fans, mosquito nets, safe
- Swimming pool
- Prime location on the banks of the Zambezi River within the Chiawa Conservancy
- Twice daily game activities – morning and afternoon game drives that continue after nightfall, river safaris, bush walks, canoe safari
- Mountain hiking
- Cultural Village tour
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beer, safari activities, laundry
- Wi-Fi internet access in guest areas
- Safari Shop
- Electricity: 240v Generator Power
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2017 – WINNER THE SAFARI AWARDS “BEST SAFARI SPA/RETREAT IN AFRICA”
- 2016 – WINNER ZAMBIAN HOSPITALITY AWARDS “BEST LODGE IN ZAMBIA”
- 2016 – RUNNER UP THE SAFARI AWARDS “BEST FAMILY SAFARI EXPERIENCE IN AFRICA”